DRAMA OR EXA THERAPIST SOUGHT
The Engle Center is seeking a trained drama or expressive arts therapist for the position of Coach and Psychotherapist Associate. Both licensed and unlicensed practitioners are welcome to apply.
We're a growing business that helps adults build healthy relating skills in & beyond the San Francisco Bay Area. Our specialty clinics include Bay Area Dating Coach and Social Anxiety Support Center. We are currently seeking a drama or expressive arts therapist with a Master's in Counseling Psychology to provide individual and group services to our quickly expanding clientele. We are also willing to consider applicants without drama or expressive arts experience who are skilled at utilizing role-playing in their clinical work.
- MA in Counseling Psychology or equivalent degree
- Extensive training in drama therapy and/or skill and experience with role-play-based interventions
- Experience with and passion for both individual and group work
- A strong interest in providing social/dating skills training to clients via experiential activities
- Able to manage a caseload of at least 5 clients and periodic groups/workshops
- Available to work 3-5 hours on a weekday evening and/or weekend day, any time
- Diversity training and an ongoing commitment to provide culturally competent care
- Experience supporting adults struggling with:
- (social) anxiety disorder(s)
- dating issues
- social/dating skill deficiencies
- disordered or insecure attachment
- relational issues
- autism spectrum disorders
- Experience offering:
- (dating & social skills) coaching
- cognitive-behavioral therapy
- solution-focused counseling
- trauma-informed therapy
- other specialty approaches
- Comfort addressing erotic & eroticized (counter)transference
- High self-awareness & -efficacy (not perfection!) in regards to dating/relationships
Associates at Engle Center hold a caseload of at least 5 individual clients and depending on season and demand may run a 2-3 hour group or workshop periodically. Associates are also required to attend regular trainings and supervision/consultation commensurate with their level of experience and certification.
We have locations in Emeryville and San Francisco and are seeking an associate who's available to meet clients in both locations. We plan to expand into the South Bay/Peninsula in the near future and are open to interviewing associates who are interested in working in those locales.
This is an ideal position for a pschotherapist who is currently employed and looking to supplement their income in a private-practice-like setting without the hassle of business management. The administrators and managers at Engle Center take care of marketing, initial intake, room rentals, scheduling, billing, insurance, etc., leaving you to focus on your clinical work. No health insurance or retirement benefits are provided.
Drama therapy, as you can imagine, proves especially powerful for singles and socially anxious professionals. We use a wide variety of drama therapy approaches, including the Integrative 5-Phase Model, DvT, Psychodrama, and Playback to help clients develop vital relationship skills and self-awareness. You are welcome and encouraged to use drama therapy in your practice. In addition, you will receive supervision and peer consultation from experienced coaches and clinicians, all of whom are drama therapists. We value and enjoy mentoring our employees into their highest professional potential.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume, a list of references, and an introductory video (instructions below) to email@example.com.
Video Directions: At the Engle Center, our core values are LOVE, INTEGRITY & OOMPH. Take a simple video (read: no need to get fancy!) giving specific examples from your clinical life wherein you expressed each of these values.
We look forward to meeting you!
Engle Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All who fit the requirements are encourage to apply, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, and a person's gender), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or military and veteran status of any person. Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee employment nor serve as an employment contract.